Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Start of Something Wonderful...

Well, presumably if you've found our website, you know at least one of us (hopefully both!) and you've heard the wonderful news: we are getting married!  We are so excited to begin this portion of our journey together, and are even more excited to have you be a part of it.

So for those of you who don't know the whole story, here it is: Chris is a graphic designer and is the Director of Digital Publishing at Top Shelf Comix, an independent comic book house located here in Portland.  I am a family law attorney working at a very small office, also here in Portland.  We actually grew up and went to school together in Tualatin, but as Chris is one year older than I am (younger woman FTW!), we didn't really know each other, although we did have a number of friends in common.  12 years later, we reconnected through the wonders of the intertubes and there was no looking back for either of us.  I think it was around our third date that I knew this was the man I wanted to spend my life with... and Chris obviously felt the same!

We got engaged on July 2, after we'd been together for sixteen months.  I was so surprised and impressed, since I thought it would take Chris a little longer to get off the starting blocks.  It was so unexpected, and he caught me so off-guard, that I actually thought he was kidding.  I later found out that he'd already spoken with my parents, his parents, and all my friends, and had had the ring for quite some time.  It was honestly the most wonderful surprise of my life!

So: here are the wedding deets.  We'll be getting married on Sunday morning, with a breakfast wedding. We LOVE breakfast - it is our favorite meal, and would honestly probably prefer to go out for breakfast than for dinner.  So it only makes sense that our first meal as a married couple, and the one we share with all our family and friends, is breakfast.

But!  We'll also be planning events for the entire weekend.  Nothing too formal, and nothing that is mandatory, but we'd love to spend the weekend celebrating with you, culminating in the (very casual! very low-key!) ceremony on Sunday.  We'll be updating this site as the date gets closer with information regarding any activities we have planned, as well as places to stay and other things to do, so keep checking back!

Can't wait to see you in April!!!

1 comment:

  1. Got your "Save the Date" today! So exciting! Also, so glad to hear more details. I LOVE the idea of a breakfast wedding, so original and apparently so fitting. We are going to do our best to get us all there. We've been looking for something to force us to go back to Portland and this sounds like the perfect excuse;-) Looking forward to hearing more deets as it gets closer and to finally meet you Leslie!

    ReplyDelete